Want your listing here? Please contact the CEE website administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Environ-Civil Engineering, Ltd
Posted: June 8th, 2017
At ECE, our collective commitment is to enhance the environment and quality of life. Our approach is to articulate existing conditions then employ innovative, mathematical, and scientific methods to imitate or counteract the work of nature in building a better tomorrow.
As a multi-disciplinary consulting firm that specializes in environmental and water/wastewater engineering we provide the highest quality engineering services performed by our trained and educated professional staff. With headquarters located in Columbia, MD, ECE holds other branch locations in Bowie, MD; Gaithersburg, MD; Richmond, VA; Virginia Beach, VA. ECE’s professional staff includes an assortment of professional engineers, scientists, and inspectors with backgrounds in civil engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, water and wastewater engineering, construction management, construction inspection, and construction monitoring.
We value the trust our clients put in us to assist in making the environment a better place by continuing to build and modify infrastructures that enhance the environment and quality of life.
** NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Posted: June 1st, 2017
For listings and details for the following positions, please click this link:
- Highway Construction Inspector Trainee
- Highway Construction Inspector
- Highway Construction Inspector Senior
- Construction Manager
- Bridge Inspector
- Bridge Inspector Team Leader
- Roadway Design Engineer
- Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection)
- Engineering Intern
Parker Design Group, Inc. is a forward thinking, goal driven Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm with a PASSIONATE desire to assist those proposing to alter the natural landscape. Our mission is to provide exceptional service to our clients through communication, performance and quality. We have 3 offices in Virginia (Roanoke, Rocky Mount and Richmond) and are licensed to provide services throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
Our Roanoke office is seeking individuals with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or a related field) to join our growing team of professionals. We are currently seeking candidates with 2-5 years of experience in our service areas.
Our Planning & Engineering services include:
- Concept & Master Planning
- Site Feasibility & Selection
- Rezoning & Special Use Permitting
- Multi-Family Developments
- Subdivision Developments
- Commercial, Industrial & Mix-Use Site Plans
- Demolition Plans
- Utility Design
- Stormwater Design
- Erosion & Sediment Control Design
- Grading Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Slope Remediation
- Floodplain Analysis
- Alternative Onsite Sewer Systems
Experience in Civil3D software is a must. Candidates must also have an understanding of current regulations pertaining to Stormwater Management and have the ability to perform calculations pertaining to these regulations. Recent graduates are welcome to apply. Visit our website www.parkerdg.com to learn more about our company. Email your resume to TBower@ParkerDG.com
We are Mitsubishi Chemical located in Chesapeake, VA and we have an opening for a Civil Engineer. A little about us…
Mitsubishi Plastics Composites America is a world class manufacturer of aluminum and metal composite materials (ACM and MCM). Located in Chesapeake, Virginia, as part of the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings family we set the standard for high quality ACM and MCM panels manufactured in Japan, Germany and the United States under the brand name ALPOLIC® Materials.
Our state-of-the-art facility in Chesapeake, Virginia began production in 1991 and is the most sophisticated facility of its kind in America. Our commitment to innovation, quality and value have made ALPOLIC® Materials a global leader offering the widest selection of colors, textures and finishes, as well as the most extensive inventory and strongest panel warranty in the industry. ALPOLIC® Materials. Let’s build.
Bowman Consulting Group DC PC
Scope of Position:
Assisting the project manager in a team oriented manner with site design related to residential and commercial land development projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize the initial civil design approach for site development.
- Assist with the development of plans, specifications, and reports as needed on assigned tasks.
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on basic project issues.
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering preferred.
- EIT license preferred.
- AutoCAD experience within a classroom setting or working experience preferred.
- 0-4 years of land/site development design and engineering experience.
For more information contact:
Matthew C. Senenman, PE
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Please see this flyer for more information.
There are 4 position openings with a civil engineering construction company in the area, and would like to post the attached position. They are looking for qualified individuals with 1 – 3 years of related experience. This is a full time, permanent position with tremendous growth opportunity.
The location is Williamsburg or Richmond, VA.
The base salary is $60-70K.
TAM Consultants – Structural Engineer I/II
Entry/Junior Level Structural Engineer
(Newport News, VA / Secondary: Williamsburg, VA)
TAM Consulants is seeking a full-time salaried Structural Engineer
About TAM Consultants:
TAM Consultants is an established consulting firm providing Structural Engineering and Envelope Solutions with a broad range of capacities and specialties. Our team includes Professional Engineers, Project Managers, Designers, and LEED AP Certified Consultants.
We currently have two offices, with one in Williamsburg and one in Newport News, Virginia. We provide structural engineering services for projects ranging from planning and design through construction. Our structural experience in addressing design and construction issues allow us to effectively evaluate existing buildings and other structures during rehabilitation and forensic investigations.
TAM Consultants offers competitive salaries with a generous benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a generous Company match, paid time off and holidays as well as a fitness center reimbursement program.
Structural Engineer I/II
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil / Structural Engineering
- EIT/FE or ability to obtain
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Professional services firm experience (internship or employment)
- Revit/AutoCAD proficiency
- Structural analysis software (ie: RISA, RAM, Strucalc, Enercalc, etc.) familiarity and/or proficiency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately complete calculations for the structural design of new commercial, residential, industrial, and other projects as well as the renovation of existing structures.
- Ability to clearly summarize observations, conclusions and work requirements in both text and drawings.
- Ability to formulate creative approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Ability to assist in the forensic analysis of existing structures, including field assessment, understanding of existing structural load paths and development of repairs or alterations.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and adjust as needed
To apply for this position:
Please contact Eric White at 757-564-4434 or email resume to EWhite@TAMConsultants.com. Submit the following for review:
- A detailed resume including related coursework/experience.
- A response to the following:
- Describe your preferred work environment.
- Describe your three greatest strengths.
- Describe your three strongest professional skills.
- Outline your professional short and long-term goals.
For more information, please see this attached PDF.
ATCS is a professional consulting firm that provides comprehensive services in transportation planning and design, engineering, environmental, water resources, disaster response and recovery efforts, construction management and inspection, and surveying services.
Our high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support, are a vital part of who we are and what we offer to you. In its 22nd year, ATCS has enjoyed tremendous success and growth by providing quality services to our clients, within budget and on schedule.
ATCS currently employs approximately 200 personnel, and has seven (7) offices in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. ATCS has a large base of resources, giving us the ability to respond to multiple tasks, and complete work under accelerated time frames.
We have created a process for providing services, that allows us the ability to meet client performance and schedule requirements, that may be unpredictable or subject to rapidly and significantly fluctuating demands.
Land Development Design Engineer
Site grading, stormwater management, sediment and erosion control, storm drainage, road, sewer, and water design and applications, including the preparation of construction documents and plans. Understanding the local regulations and ordinances as they pertain to land development site design. Perform civil design calculations (grading, drainage, geometrics, etc.), preparation of plans and specifications, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required. Research design options and document findings for other project engineers and/or project managers. Work on other assignments as directed. A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 0 – 3 years of experience in the planning and civil engineering design of residential, commercial, institutional, and public site development projects. Responsibilities include supporting engineering staff in the preparation of construction documents, design of site improvements including site grading, stormwater management, sediment and erosion control, storm drainage, road, sewer, and water design and applications management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 0 – 3 years of experience
- EIT preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Detailed oriented team player with the ability to work independently
ATCS 2553 Dulles View Drive, Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171 Hr@atcsplc.com
We have two entry level civil engineering positions open right now in my office. If you could pass this along to the 4th year class and graduating masters students that would be great.
In the role of Highway EIT, we’ll count on you to:
- Work on a team with other project engineers on the detailed design of urban and rural roadway projects
- Take responsibility for alignment and profile, geometrics, drainage, development of plans and construction estimates
- Provide assistance with the creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Able to develop designs using MicroStation, GEOPAK or other transportation design software packages, MS Office experience
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
In the role of Structural EIT, we’ll count on you to:
- Conduct analyses to develop design options or recommendations and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications for structural engineering projects
- Perform routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures
- Work independently on small projects or assist more senior engineers on larger projects
- Participate in bridge inspection, perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development
- Give direction to clerical and technical personnel as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- EIT or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, or similar analytical software
- Previous structural design experience (internship or full-time work experience) is a plus
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
- Experience in bridge/structural design
- Previous familiarity with engineering software packages such as: LEAP Bridge Enterprise, FB-MultiPier, LPile, AASHTOWare BrR, midas Civil, MDX, SAP2000, CSiBridge, ADINA, RM Bridge, spColumn, LUSAS, STLBridgeLRFD, or STLBridge is a plus
- Strong preference given to local candidates
Anyone interested in the positions can email me at email@example.com for more information.
CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH’S PLANNING DEPARTMENT IS SEEKING AN ENGINEER!
Review site development plans, subdivision construction plans and as-built surveys, plats, legal documents and cost estimates for conformance with city and state regulations, codes and policies. Primarily responsible for reviewing stormwater management, drainage and grading, street improvements and other public and private infrastructure; writing comments explaining required revisions; approving development plans and associated engineering calculations and reports. Position requires site visits to trouble shoot, compare plans with field conditions, and help resolve construction issues. Must assist customers in a professional manner in person, by phone and email, and participate in project meetings and staff team meetings to coordinate reviews. Virginia DEQ certifications as a stormwater and E&S reviewer required within two years of employment.
PDF linked here for further information.
Close Date: March 8th, 2017
(Full-time, with benefits)
Annual salary commensurate with experience. Salary range begins at $ 43,000.
The City of Poquoson, Virginia is seeking applicants for an entry level engineering position. Work includes providing combined erosion and sediment control/stormwater inspections on construction sites and performing plan reviews. The successful applicant will work across all areas of municipal engineering. Work is performed under the general direction of the City Engineer, and may include engineering design, calculations, and analyses in the areas of transportation, drainage, and environmental engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent combination of two years of post-high school engineering education and experience is required. Individuals with a minimum of four years’ experience in surveying or engineering technology and experience in drainage calculations will also be considered. ArcGIS experience is considered a plus.
Poquoson is a small coastal community in southeastern Virginia.
A City application can be downloaded from the City of Poquoson Jobs webpage at http://www.ci.poquoson.va.us/Jobs.aspx . Candidates must submit a completed application to the Poquoson City Manager’s Office, 500 City Hall Avenue, Poquoson, VA 23662, (757) 868-3000 no later than 4:30 p.m. on January 9, 2017. A detailed description of the position is available upon request. The City of Poquoson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have questions, please contact Ellen Roberts, City Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stormwater Job Opening with County of Albemarle
MS4 Program Manager
Facilities & Environmental Services
Exempt, Pay Grade 17
The MS4 Program Manager performs complex professional and administrative work in developing, implementing, and coordinating the County’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program; works with the chief and other Environmental Services staff to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and achieve County environmental goals. Essential functions include, and are not limited to the following:
- Manages the MS4 Program, including program development, implementation, and assessment, data tracking, reporting, and maintaining overall compliance with Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) permit requirements;
- Assists in the development and implementation of programs and capital projects to address impaired waters in accordance with DEQ Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) requirements and County goals;
- Assists in the development of initiatives to support the Board of Supervisor’s Strategic Plan related to the protection of the County’s natural resources;
- Assists in the advancement of County policies related to water resources management and protection;
- Assists with organizational responsibilities including strategic planning and budget administration;
- Researches, pursues, and coordinates available grants that can be used to offset the cost of implementing the water resource program;
- Responds to public concerns and inquiries;
- Develops educational information and programs for the general public and target audiences to disseminate County regulations and promote environmental awareness and personal responsibility;
- Supports the storm water facility inspection program through developing improvements to processes, procedures, and data management;
- Conducts or coordinates field inspections;
- Monitors potential changes in state and federal legislation and regulations and assists the County in meeting those changes;
- Assists Community Development Department staff in developing master plans, updating the Comprehensive Plan, reviewing land use activities, and enforcing the Water Protection Ordinance;
- Contributes to the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of capital projects and existing infrastructure;
- Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) and request for qualifications (RFQs), contracts, purchase orders, and other documents as needed to secure external professional and contractor services;
- Performs other related work as required.QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in water resource management, natural sciences, environmental science or policy, planning, or civil engineering with a minimum of five years of experience in water or natural resources management or a master’s degree in one of the fields listed above with a minimum of three years of experience. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, and maintain a valid Virginia Driver’s License.A thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of water resource management and protection, land use planning, Erosion and Sediment Control, and storm water management; knowledge of MS4 programs and requirements; a general knowledge of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project management; ability to interpret and analyze technical and statistical information; ability to prepare and present complex and technical written or oral reports; strong organizational skills; an ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships with other agencies, elected officials, outside environmental support groups, and County staff. Experience with the use of GIS, databases, and other information management systems strongly preferred.PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS: Mix of office work (75%) and field work (25%). Outdoor work requires vehicle operation; extensive walking over difficult terrain, steep slopes, and wet/slippery conditions; and frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold and rain. Administrative environment is typical of office conditions, requiring occasionally lifting and carrying moderate weight (15 – 20 lbs.); regular contact with the public, staff, construction personnel, regulatory agencies, the media, interest groups, County officials, and design professionals.SALARY: Hiring Range: $51,317 – $61,580/annual equivalent based on experience, education and internal equity.
Internal candidates will receive pay adjustments in accordance with Local Government Personnel Policy, §P-60.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5/16/2016
City of Norfolk Department of Utilities
Date Posted: February 2, 2016
The department of utilities is looking for a Civil Engineer to fill a vacancy. More information on the position can be found below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer I – Utilities
Closing Date/Time: Friday 03/04/2016 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- $22.54 – $36.75 Hourly
- $1,953.54 – $3,185.38 Semi-Monthly
- $46,885.00 – $76,449.00 Annually
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 400 Granby Street, 2nd floor, Norfolk, Virginia
The full vacancy posting is at: http://www.norfolk.gov/index.aspx?NID=2173
Under the “Departments” menu, scroll down until you get to “Utilities” and click on the box then click on “Apply Search.”
Feel free to contact 757-664-6724 for additional information.
Kittelson Associates Inc.
Location: Multiple U.S. Offices
Date Posted: September 30, 2015
Kittelson & Associates is excited to be hosting two webinars for all students interested in learning more about the field of transportation engineering and planning. Mark Vandehey, CEO and Senior Principal Engineer, will be giving his thoughts on Exploring a Career in Transportation, followed by an overview of the KAI Internship Program with Jennifer Palacios and Alison Tanaka. The webinar is being offered on two dates this year:
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Time: 4:00 PM (PT) / 7:00 PM (ET)
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Time: 7:00 PM (PT) / 10:00 PM (ET)
Registration is required at http://events.kittelson.com/universityoutreach. Students who RSVP will be sent a link to the webinar.
For more information, please click on the flyer below or visit our website at www.kittelson.com. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Jennifer Palacios at email@example.com.
Location: Eastern U.S.
Date Posted: September 8, 2015
For over 30 years, Bohler Engineering has provided site civil engineering and consulting services throughout the East Coast. Our design professionals assist clients in navigating the land development process from site evaluation through project completion.
Bohler’s complete list of services includes civil and consulting engineering, land surveying, program management, landscape architecture, sustainable design, permit expediting, environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering and transportation design. For more information on our services, experience and office locations, please visit our website at www.bohlerengineering.com.
Jr. Design Engineer
- AutoCAD & Softdesk design/drafting for the preparation of site plans and conceptual layouts
- CAD support for the design staff
- Preparation of color renderings and other design related exhibits
- Commercial site and subdivision
- Storm water management
- Utility design
- Regulatory permitting
- Zoning review
- Site visits
- Meetings with municipal professionals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 + years of residential and/or commercial site design and permitting experience
- Effective written and communication skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD (Civil 3D Preferred)
- Knowledge of the planning and zoning process
- Self starter who can work independently and with team members
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals a plus
Location: Northern Virginia
Date Posted: August 21, 2015
The Berkley Group – a local government consulting firm based in Bridgewater, VA – is seeking a highly motivated candidate in the planning field focused on environmental planning, specifically stormwater program development and management. We believe Graduate or Senior students in your program may be very interested in this opportunity, and we were hoping you could forward this on to them. The position ad is attached and residency in the Northern Virginia area is required.
Contact: Darren Coffey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Alexandria, VA
Date Posted: August 20, 2015
Opportunity for entry level civil engineer in the Alexandria office at Wiley|Wilson. We’re looking for someone with 0-2 years’ experience, who has already passed the FE by the time they are hired. Here is a link to the job description https://wileywilson.applicantpro.com/jobs/248774.html. Interested candidates should apply on the website.
Samantha M. Wassyng, EIT, LEED AP BD+C (BSCE 2011) – email@example.com
PALACE ACQUIRE Program (US Air Force)
Posted: August 20, 2015
From Tony Landrum (BSCE 14)
I’m seeing reports that this program is looking to add 70 PAQ positions in the near future, which is way more than they usually add in a given year. This is an excellent program, which provides sign-on bonuses, and has a student loan repayment plan where the government pays your student loans over a period of time.
The PAQ program is designed to move participants from an entry level
position (GS-07) to a regular employee in 2 years, which can take up to 5
outside the program (GS-11) with accompanying pay increases and special
rates of pay regardless of position location. The program provides training
on a variety of CE topics (RS Means, Sustainable Buildings, Energy Mgmt.,
Roofing Design, Airfield Pavement Design etc.) They call it an intern
program, but for all intents and purposes, participants are full-time,
full-paid employees on the fast track to upward mobility.
All the postings will be on www.usajobs.gov
Please let the students know about this opportunity and have them on the
lookout for when these positions get posted. The requirement list is long
and somewhat confusing, but UVa graduates who have passed the FE exam are
absolutely qualified for the positions.
If you or they have any questions, feel free to contact me. I can’t stress
enough how awesome of a program this is.
Thanks, and WAHOOWA!
Civil Engineer (PAQ)